Saturday 16 November 2013

Sketch: Film Magazine - Initial Idea



Before the construction of our film magazine we decided to start out by sketching our ideas. This provided us with a visual starting point before moving on to use Photoshop.

This is my sketch for our independent film magazine. I was inspired by the horror films, 'Mama' and 'The Grudge' where the antagonist's hair would stretch out and try to engulf and harm victims with it.
I drew only half a face and chose not to centre the character's face to remain unconventional which match the unusual quirks of independent magazines.

Contrasting this, in my sketch I included typical conventions of a magazine. For example, I drew a barcode and wrote an issue number which I placed in the bottom, left corner. I also gave the magazine a price.

No comments :

Post a Comment