Tuesday 1 April 2014

Construction of cracks

1.

 I searched for the appropriate image to use on Google. I then placed the image onto the area that I wanted to crack. 
2.


I then changed the image from 'normal' to 'multiply' in order for the image to appear transparent.
3.

I then changed the opacity from 100% to about 60% to make the image transparent further. 

5. 

I then changed the darkness and brightness levels by pressing 'Ctrl + L'. This was so I could precisely ensure that it is darker in specific parts of the cracks, this is also to make the cracks look more natural and not manipulated in. 
6. 

Here is where I added a vector mask to the image so that when I erase the unwanted parts of the cracks  the edges are well-defined, clean and smooth, this is to also ensure that the edges are not jagged.

7.

I then went around the image to removed the unwanted cracks, another alternative would of been to right click the layer and create a clipping mask.

8.

The final step was to select the burn tool, in which I went over some cracks to darken the effect and make it look realistic. The cracks connotes to the our genre of horror and would be a typical ideology of horror, using this effect would also attract our target audience.






No comments :

Post a Comment