Sunday 27 April 2014

Construction of Scary Effect on Poster

This is a little tutorial on how I constructed the scary image for our main poster.























Step 1;
First of all, what I did was I got the main image of my model and simply Transform (CTRL+T) it which allows me to just resized her and placed her in the position I wanted her to be in on my poster.
I then used the burn tool to darken certain parts of my models face to make her look a bit scarier. E.g. darken around the eyes.
Step 2;
I then got an image of a grudge texture from Google and resized and placed the image over the area on my model's face where I want the effect to take place.
Then to make the image of the grudge texture look like as if it is apart of my models face, I then changed the layer style from normal to Multiply. After, I then used the Erase tool and erased out all the areas of the grudge effect image I didn't want to give the effect of the cracks on her face are growing around her face.
Step 3;
Lastly, I wanted to play with the contrast and the colour of the whole image to make my model fit in with the back ground and theme of the movie a bit more so I used the 'Curves' Adjustment and made my own customer curves moving them up and down until I was happy with what the image looked like.
Once I was happy with the contrast of  light and dark areas of my poster I also noticed that it enhanced the colour on my models face which I didn't like so I then used the 'Hue/Saturation' Adjustment and lowered the saturation of the image.

No comments :

Post a Comment