Tuesday 1 April 2014

Development of Poster



First Draft:  

This being this being the first draft of our poster, I had to manipulate and cut out the guy in the back in order for the poster to make sense. In which I used the pen tool to go around him, made a selection and cut him out. To ensure there were no harsh lines, I used to blur tool to make the cuts look more realistic. I then played around with a lot of the filters to dark the natural brightness of the picture. The idea was to darken the entire picture without making it look too filtered.        


Second Draft:  

Here is where I added titles and other basic conventions of a film poster. I also added a crack effect to the hands that is covering the actors mouth to make it look more creepy and broken. I found a cracked picture on Google, I then copied this onto the Photoshop document where I changed the image from 'normal' to 'multiply', I then positioned the cracks onto the hands and changed the opacity to about 60%. I further edited the cracks by pressing 'Ctrl + L' to changed the brightness and darkness levels of the cracks. I then had to add a vector mask to the cracks layer in order to cut out the unwanted cracks. Once the cracks were in place and looked okay I used the burn tool in some of the cracks to make the cracks look more natural. For the titles I used the font 'Trojan Pro' in which the colors appeared to be dark so this needed to be changed.  

Third Draft: 

This is where I added more titles, it's important for us to use all basic conventions in order for the poster to look as realistic as possible. I also added another layer which darkened the poster. Despite changed the titles from black to red they still appeared to look dark which needed changing as from audience feedback 70% of people said it was difficult to read and see. 

Final Poster: 

For the final draft I made the titles a lot brighter and also added the production companies icons. I also added a slight vignette just to darken the poster further. 




No comments :

Post a Comment